Tuesday, March 17, 2009

gossip girl gourmet: one cup of tea please!

So gossip girl was on FINALLY after four painful weeks yesterday. I, of course, recorded it. But while watching it I needed something to drink so I made myself a...tea!





This is my favorite mug btw. It's from Greece and it says Santorini on the top but it's been stuck in the dishwasher too many times so it's faded a little.
Anyways, I love tea. Indian Chai with some ginger, the classic Early Grey, Jasmine Downey Pearls, and of course coffee. But I'll save coffee for another post.
Today, it was Red Rose.
When brewed to perfection (usually 2-3 minutes in boiling water), it has deep dark brown color. Add milk and sugar to your own discretion. I personally don't like super sweet tea and coffee but i know my best friend beckie loves anything sweet. We went to McDonald's today and had their one dollar sweet tea. It was very yummy. But after a while it would get kinda overwhelming.

Speaking of tea...the speaker at the NHS assembly mentioned Greg Mortensen. Author of three cups of tea. More tea! But honestly, great book, and very inspiring.

So my luvlies, I would recommend sitting down with a nice cup of tea and this book.
<3>

2 comments:

  1. that mug is so cute! and i'm glad gossip girl FINALLY came back on! your right 4 long weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete