Thursday, March 12, 2009


Today I went to Petco in Westgate to buy my dog food, treats, and dental chews. As I was perusing the dog food section, the nauseating smell of "lamb and vegetables," "salmon and fruit," and other equally revolting flavors made me nostalgic for my youth. Sounds kinda strange, I know. But let's go back to 1995, when I was a wee little five year old....



My old dog, Moti, and I shared a very special relationship. We walked around the house togther. We explored the "forest" of five redwood trees in my backyard together. We even explored my neighbors backyard together. He crawled under the fence and jumped in their pool. I followed and almost drowned. Needless to say, my mom signed me up for swim lessons the very next day.

Anyways, one day I was feeding him his favorite dinner, Pedigree dog food. He was thoroughly enjoying it, spilling little pellets all over the place and eating quite heartily. Moti looked like he was enjoying himself, so I figured why not...
Yes, I ate dog food.
I consumed one of those digusting hard little pellets that remarkably resemble deer poop. The rough texture rolled over my toungue in a very uncomfortable manner, it tasted like dirt, and it felt like sand was disintegrating in my mouth. I spat the thing out. It bounced in the general direction of Moti's food bowl and no sooner had it rolled to a stop than he gobbled the thing up. Ew.
So if you're ever curious about dog food, don't be. Be grateful that humans have delicious things like actual chicken and real vegetables (which is what I'm having for dinner thank god).
<3>

7 comments:

  1. HAHHAHA! Rocky eats Pedigree dog food =D. this is cute!
    did you make your own chicken and vegetables for dinner??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha that is a very funny story. I've been tempted to eat my birds "gourmet honey snacks" before... but I haven't done it... yet. :P Just kidding. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your baby pictures (5 year olds count as babies..?).. your little kid picture are so cute!
    I've never been curious about dog food. They have bad breath for a reason.
    Ooh except those green treats that look like toothbrushes that supposedly clean up their breath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your baby pictures! and this concept! hahaha i'm gonna need some tips when i'm on my own next year :(
    and i loveee your blog name hahah CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dog! Though my dog's food tastes way too yucky to tempt me into trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im so excited for our photo outing!!

    ReplyDelete