Wednesday, March 18, 2009

relaxation on a wednesday afternoon


Being a second semester senior rocks. I had only 30 minutes of homework, and after being oh so meanly rejected from college more than once this week, I decided I deserved to relax a little bit. My mom and I used to make homemade facial masks like the one below a lot when I was in middle school. They're all natural so I feel like it's better for my skin than all of those nasty products we slather on our faces in an effort to change some aspect of our appearance.

Note: This stuff looks almost as revolting as it looks when on your face.
But don't worry, its all in the name of beauty =)
Plus, there's no nasty chemicals in it.

Homemade Facial Mask:

This is possibly the easiest preparation for a facial mask, And you can make out of common household food items! It's awesome and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth.
This mask uses honey, yogurt, and ground oatmeal. The proportions are different every time I make it, but in the end you want a consistency that isn't too watery but not so thick that it'll cement to your face. I add a little honey because I have very dry skin, but I know my mom uses just yogurt and oatmeal since her skin tends to be more oily than mine.
Spread onto face, wait 10-15 minutes, then wash off with a warm washcloth, pat dry, and apply a light moisturizer if you want.
Look at all the wonderful uses of food =)
Enjoy!
<3 peanut butter angeli

10 comments:

  1. oohh yay this sounds like a good idea! i remember when we would have those sleepovers where we would do face masks, paint our nails, etc. awww the good old days <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!! i shall try this homemade facial mask

    ReplyDelete
  3. it actually sounds kind of yummy :) but its a really good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i totally agree that the natural stuff works WAY better for your skin :) there's this store called lush or blush or something (i think there's one in valley fair and one in carmel) that sells all these naturalish products, but probably not as good as homemade ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought it was food. But I guess this is very cool. What is the purpose of this beautification though?
    Is this for acne or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay i know im not part of newspaper ... but i can comment =) angeli it looks gross but it does make your skin softer and prettier

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! remember all those times that i put those masks on my face and was like "AUUGH IT BURNS IT BURNSS GET IT OFF!!!" hahahahhahah
    =]
    let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. does this actually work? will try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for a recipe for a homemade mask for such a long time, but this one sounds perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is quite brilliant :)
    I will definitely try this tonight after i finish all my 5 tons of hw
    I love your blog - so creative!

    ReplyDelete